~ Fall Cookies <3 <3 <3 ~
Don't let the hearts fool ya, these cookies are not for you people in a hurry ( or with a big sweet tooth)!!! These cookies took me awhile...probably because I was procrastinating watching lifetime movies, but c'est la vie!!! Don't worry though I'm not leading you down a sketchy path, these cookies ARE good, healthy, and they'll stick to your ribs!
* RECOMMENDATION: This recipe requires a wee bit of time and preparation, make your flours and such before hand. Also I only used the purred carrots and added a scoop of pumpkin, because I found it odd that Pumpkin Cookies didn't have any pumpkin in them......maybe that's just me! Don't be afraid to put your own twist on this! I avoided the organic route, because I'm a sinner, and added some vanilla extract and brown sugar to sweeten things up a bit!
~These cookies are satisfying, vegan, gluten free, and %100 open to YOUR creativity!!!!!!!!!
-----My Advice: The recipe may look hard but seriously don't make your life harder than it needs to be!!!!!
Raw Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup sprouted oat flour
- 1/4 cup ground rolled oats
- 1/2 cup maple syrup powder pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1/2 cup freeze dried carrots - ground
- 1/2 cup date paste ( watch out it's sticky :) )
- 3/4 cup carrot puree (2 carrots, 1/2 cup freshly squeezed carrot juice, 1/2" piece fresh ginger root - all pureed in a high speed blender)
- 1/2 cup carrot pulp left from making carrot juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon each clove ( I didn't use this, it's not a life or death ingrediant)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
I did successfully make cookies... though they did not turn out as pretty as the picture, shhhh don't tell anyone!!! There was quite a mess in the kitchen afterwards but hey, that's what family is for <3
------ Did you enjoy this recipe???? Check out these other holiday recipes; all organic, vegan, and gluten free :)